ADOX™ MiniAC Generator
Simple, Safe, And Effective
The ADOX™ MiniAC is a breakthrough, patent pending technology in chlorine dioxide generation that incorporates 70 years of chlorine dioxide experience into an accessible, cost-effective chlorine dioxide generator design.
The highly popular acid/chlorite reaction chemistry utilized in the generator efficiently generates 7 lbs. to 30 lbs. of chlorine dioxide daily without the need for any electrical hookups and at a price that is unmatched in the industry. The educator-based generator is activated and deactivated by the presence of water flow. The ADOX™ MiniAC is certified by NSF under standard 61.
The ADOX™ MiniAC generator unlocks the biocidal power of chlorine dioxide for low volume chemical users where high equipment cost was previously prohibitive. Target markets include cooling systems, odor scrubbers, process water disinfection, irrigation water, food processing, sanitation, and bottle washing applications or any application where chlorine dioxide is currently in use.
Installation Made Easy
The ADOX™ MiniAC is engineered to be installed in a continuously running process water line or a slipstream of that line back to the basin.
- 1″ water inlet with minimum 6 GPM @ 40 PSI
- Minimum of 1″ ClO2 outlet to application @ less than 10 PSI back pressure at generator outlet
- Two chemical containers with chemical wands to be placed at the same elevation of the generator within 5 feet of the generator
The ADOX™ MiniAC generator reacts 7.5% sodium chlorite with 15% hydrochloric acid to generate chlorine dioxide. Chlorine gas is not used in this reaction. The reaction is shown below.
- 5 NaClO2 + 4 HCl 4 ClO2 + 5 NaCl + 2 H2O
- This reaction theoretically yields 80% conversion of sodium chlorite to chlorine dioxide
- Generator efficiency of greater than 95% of the theoretical yield is achievable
- Minimal equipment investment cost
- Eductor-based vacuum design for safety (no chemical pumps)
- Proven reaction chemistry (acid/chlorite)
- 7-30 lb./day of ClO2, using 7.5% chlorite / 15% HCI
- 95% reaction efficiency
- Check valves and foot valves on all chemicals to minimize back flow
- Inherently safe reaction chamber with mechanisms to ensure chlorine dioxide is safely produced
- Basic Automation Package: Provides water and chemical valves controlled by the customer. The customer simply provides a dry contact closure and a 24-volt supply.
- Rotameter Package: For flow verification.
- Advanced Automation Package: Requires Basic Automation Package and provides on/off timer and 24-volt supply.
- Stainless steel mounting stand.
Have A Question?
We’re here to help. Complete our brief online form and we’ll be in touch within 1 to 2 business days.